Seeking: Flexible, streamlined manufacturing in liquid processing
Our client, a multinational, is seeking to identify liquid-processing manufacturing solutions or methodologies which accelerate change-overs between product variants on a process line, with no added waste, and therefore deliver improved flexibility to ’make to order“ with reduced storage inventory.
Liquids manufacturing and filling/packing operations in the consumer goods sector can be complex, requiring frequent change-overs from one variant to the next. Batch processes in particular can have added inflexibility due to batch nature, and personal care products require added stringency to cleaning between campaigns of different products (with different aesthetics such as perfume) made on the same line.
We are interested in BOTH equipment solutions, and fundamental process design principles/methodologies, from any industry. Although mature technologies are the preferred solution, joint development, partial solutions or further development proposals will be considered.
Timeframe for Commercialization: 2012.
Note: Ideally, solutions will be available within a 2012 time frame, but we are also very interested to hear about breakthrough solutions still in development that may be available on a longer time scale.
We are looking for discontinuous improvement in process agility, allowing a step-change in responsiveness to changing customer needs. Change-overs from one variant to next of the order of 1 minute, versus 30+ minutes today.
Possible Solution Areas Include:
- Radical concepts/game changing approaches that avoid or minimize the need for process cleaning
- Automation or improved interfacing techniques that remove control lag and enable faster change activation between making and filling sections of process
- Process optimization methodologies which address flexible manufacturing
- Process design methodologies which deliver minimal steps/transformations and minimum inventory, with no compromise in product or quality
- Compact/low inventory liquid process equipment or filling equipment
- Approaches from high-cleaning/GMP intensive industries such as pharmaceuticals, dye manufacture, food allergen control, or agrochemicals
Download this TechNeed Challenge as a PDF
You can download this TechNeed Challenge as a PDF file that you can share with co-workers. When viewed on a computer with an Internet connection, the PDF includes live links back to yet2.com and the technology listing.
Network and bookmark yet2.com